Sunday, March 3, 2013

Water Tribe....In The Beginning EC2013

Left for his Everglades Challenge 2013 yesterday check out the youtube video!

I will update my blog, so you can see what I am going through and check out how he is doing. He made a Chesapeake Light Craft 17 LT and it is beautiful.

I only saw about 6 wooden boats at the start and I was surprised! I truly thought I would see so many more. His boat is holding up wonderfully! We spoke yesterday after he was sailing in Sarasota Bay he endured 6-7 ft swells. He said he just rode them out and it was very scary! Now let me tell you, if this scared him, it FREAKS me out!!! Not too many things scare him!

So last night when I saw him at checkpoint 1, I hugged him tighter and said a prayer. He stayed a short time at checkpoint 1 to make sure his new found friends, YukonJohn and GreySmile were ok. Off he went headed towards DonPedro or the island just west of Dog Island.

He called me this morning and told me he is frozen and I wished I could be a giver, like in The Hunger Games when the wishes are granted to those in need. He is need of warmth!

Well, I have just been informed he is on the move! I will report later on his movements, now I must go be the nervous WIFE... Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment