Monday, March 4, 2013

Water Tribe Continues

Today was an easier day for me due to the fact I had my work! Yesterday was long and miserable because I kept staring at the screen that kept moving slowly. My husband and I spoke first thing in the morning yesterday and he said he probably was not going to move due to the weather and being afraid of tipping over, hypothermia. Then one hour later he was on the move. I was frightened, but trying to not to worry :) Later in the evening we spoke and he said it was a breeze and he was going to get a good night sleep and text me before he left! AHHH, sleep time for me!!!

On to today.... I awoke with no text, so I text him thinking he was sleeping still... Once I arrived at work I checked my phone and saw he was on the move! He was heading into the Gulf of Mexico, the place where I sometimes body surf, huge waves that crash upon the shore, YIKES!. Keep calm! I had no time to check on him during my planning time, so I kept on teaching. I still worried throughout my day, but pushed it aside. Yeah lunchtime is upon us!!! I am not excited to eat, no food I get to check on my husbands location. When I was in the teachers lounge my phone rings and I see that it is my husband, my heart drops! Worry or be excited are my thoughts! He was checking in and making sure I knew all is well! What a sweetheart <3

As I speak to people they hear he is in the watertribe and some know all about it because they have heard or have read about it in the newspaper. They are thrilled and want to know more. They begin to follow him on his spot tracker or on the water tribe site. He is now staying just outside the Everglades because he needs a permit to stay in side the Everglades. He has plans to receive that permit tomorrow and the head on down the coast. We continue this journey tomorrow! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment